The Homecookin Wine List
1. Cuvée du Roy Sec, VdP du Gers.
A very well-crafted dry white wine that is made from Ugni Blanc and Colombard grapes. This has good fruit with the warmth of the South.
2. Cuvée du Roy Demi-Sec, VdP du Gers.
Boasts good fruit and ripeness, this has a very drinkable blend of richness with zesty flavours.
3. Cuvée du Roy Rouge, VdP du Gers.
This is a soft, fruity, easy drinking red sourced from the excellent Plaimont co-operative in south-west France.
4. Cuvée du Roy Rosé, VdP Comte Tolosan.
A charmimg strawberry scented Rosé with freshness and delicacy. Light easy drink from the South West of France.
175ml glass £3.55 250ml glass £3.99
Dry & Crisp
5. Wide River Chenin Blanc, Robertson. 2013
Clean and bright Chenin Blanc, peppery and aromatic,with tropical fruit flavours of ripe fig and melon backed up with crisp, refreshing acidity.
6. Ladera Verde Sauvignon Blanc, Valle Central 2013
Crisp and fresh with limey fruit, a hint of herbs and a twist of melon. Typically dependable and friendly, and an excellent introduction to Chile.
7. Amanti del Vino Trebbiano, Rubicone IGT 2013
Fresh and light with good pear and apple fruit and decent length. An attractive, creamy wine from Emilia-Romagna for everyday drinking.
8. Cliff Edge Sauvignon Blanc,Marlborough. 2013
A vibrant wine with intense aromas, zest and persistence. Generous stone-fruit, gooseberry and capsicum flavours are bound together by lively acidity and fine texture.
Rich & Juicy
9. Paparuda Pinot Grigio, Estate Selection 2013
A great value Pinot Grigio packed full of ripe honeyed fruit, with just the right amount of freshness to keep you coming back for more!
10. Los Vilos Chardonnay,Valle Central 2013
Chardonnay and a dash of Sauvignon Blanc blend well to give aromas of tropical fruit, and well-tuned weight on the palate making this a very quaffable dry white.
Light & Fresh
11. Ladera Verde Merlot, Valle Central 2013
Medium-bodied, ripe and smooth with rich plummy fruit laced with sweet spices.
12. Paparuda Pinot Noir, Estate Selection 2013
Fragrant and fruity Pinot Noir with plenty of ripe red fruits, strawberries and raspberries, fresh and crunchy with hints of spice.
Round & Spicy
13. Los Vilos Cabernet Sauvignon, Valle Central 2013
The delight of a simple, easy red is captured here in this superior, juicy Chilean. Full of blackcurrant fruit, soft and round in the mouth, with a rich feel on the finish. Chile boasts some of the most environmentally friendly vineyards in the world.
14. Amanti del Vino Sangiovese, Rubicone IGT 2012
This has juicy, soft fruit with hints of black cherries and plums. Attractive, easy going wine from Emilia-Romagna.
15.Wide River Shiraz, Robertson. 2013
Easy going, soft red with plenty of spicy, peppery fruit, this has good hedgerow berry flavours and power. Shiraz is proving to be a very popular and successful grape variety in the Cape.
16. Rioja Vega Tempranillo,Rioja 2013 (Black Label)
Soft and fruity with flavours of plums and blackcurrants. Vibrant and juicy, a young (joven) wine, made without oak, drink early to appreciate its lively fruit. From a forward looking winery that has invested a lot of money in recent years.
17. Pleno Rosado, Navarra 2013
Easy going rosé with attractive strawberry fruit, juicy and fresh, from a modern bodega in the Navarra region of Spain.
18. Waters Edge White Zinfandel, California
Light-bodied and medium-sweet, with aromatic sweet berry fruit, fleshy peach and juicy watermelon flavours.
19. Prosecco, Vetriano. Italy.
An attractive biscuity nose leads onto a bright fruity palate with hints of pears and melon.
20. Prosecco Il Colle, Frizzante,Treviso, Italy (20cl)
A gently sparkling wine with lovely peachy fruit, the palate is deliciously juicy with super balance. A great apéritif.